Microsoft is a Leader in The Forrester Wave: Low-Code Development Platforms for Professional Developers, Q2 2021
We are excited to announce that Microsoft Power Apps has been recognized as a Leader in The Forrester Wave: Low-Code Development Platforms for Professional Developers, Q2 2021. Get your copy of the 2021 Forrester Wave for Low Code Platforms and learn more.
Over the past year, we’ve seen customers in every industry rapidly adapt and innovate, as they faced rapidly changing business challenges, limited time, and constrained resources. We’re proud that Microsoft Power Platform has been part of that customer journey, and that we have been able to support customers as they adapt and navigate new challenges.
From T-Mobile building a platform to ensure they were able to keep their stores open and employees safe, to EY launching a solution to process emergency loans for small business at scale, and to the City of Kobe who ensured they kept their customers informed with a Microsoft Power Platform solution, we have been impressed by our customers’ resiliency and ingenuity.
Why is Power Apps a leader for our customers? Here are five key reasons customers choose Power Apps:
- Power Apps enables fusion teams, from citizen to professional developers, to seamlessly collaborate. From a low-code interface to empower everyone to build apps quickly, to sophisticated UX controls, Power Apps’ combination of drag and drop functionality and rich developer tools like Azure DevOps and GitHub empowers all developers to be productive and collaborate effectively.
- A powerful built-in data platform with rich connectivity. Power Apps natively includes Microsoft Dataverse, a fully managed data platform built atop Microsoft Azure. Dataverse offers the scale, sophistication, and security necessary to run advanced workloads, wrapped in the approachable productivity of low-code tools. In addition, Power Apps enables customers to connect directly to data using one or more of 400 plus connectors to Microsoft and third-party data sources to build rich mashups of data sources in a single view for an application. Customers can also create their own connectors to any service with a REST API.
- Deep integration across the entire productivity experience. Power Apps is natively integrated into all Microsoft cloud offerings. Microsoft Power Platform is the single extensibility platform across productivity apps and Microsoft Teams (Office 365), business apps (Dynamics 365), and our developer cloud (Azure). With an embedded app studio in Microsoft Teams, and our investment in Dataverse for Teams, everyone can now build, customize deploy, share, and use apps all from within Microsoft Teams.
- A trusted, secure, and governable platform. Customers are adopting Microsoft Power Platform to help steer away from shadow IT and silos to common platforms that are easy to govern and monitor in a unified way. Power Apps offers enterprise reliability via 100 plus Azure data centers, Microsoft’s global network edge and a 99.9 percent financially backed uptime guarantee, as well as 90 compliance certifications, more than any other low code data platform. With a unified admin center across Microsoft Power Platform with built-in security roles and permissions, customizable DLP policies, and authentication via Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), IT is armed to combat shadow IT with full visibility into what the business is doing, and centrally manage Power Apps across their organization.
- The world’s most comprehensive low code platform. From low code apps, to automation, to analytics, chatbots, built-in AI, to process mining and RPA, Microsoft Power Platform provides customers with the most complete set of low code tools in a connected platform that ensures all customers, and all their employees, regardless of whether they have technical skills or are software engineers, have the tools they need to solve problems at scale across their organizations.
We want to say a big thank you to our customers, partners, and community for choosing Power Apps, relentlessly giving us feedback so that we can continue to invest and make Power Apps even better for everyone. We wouldn’t be where we are today without you.
The Microsoft Power Apps Team