Modern, refreshed look for model-driven apps is generally available (GA)
We are proud to announce that the modern, refreshed look for model-driven apps is now generally available as of 2023 Release Wave 2. Released as part of a preview in February 2023, we’ve made considerable updates and brought a new opt-in toggle for end users.
Improvements since February
- Updated read-only style including re-introducing the lock icon.
- Updated option set fields to use the new Fluent drop-down control.
- Updated date time fields to use the new Fluent date picker and drop-down control.
- Updated duration fields to use the new Fluent combo box control.
- Dialogs have been updated to use the new modern design.
- Grids have been updated to use the new Power Apps grid control
- Dashboards have been updated to use modern design including new command bar and integrated sub grids also use the new Power Apps grid control.
- App header colors can now be customized to align with organizational branding. (Use modern theme doc)
Try the new look
End users can now control the look and feel of each app by enabling a “Try the new look” feature toggle in the header.
This new mechanism for end users allows them to opt-in for any given app at their convenience and lets them work at their own pace. They can switch back at any time.
If a user decides they want to switch back, we provide them with a survey letting us know how we can improve the system.
We’re actively reviewing this feedback to ensure that we’re prioritizing any issues you encounter.
If you have any other questions or comments, please reach out to us. Your feedback is very important, and we’d love to hear from you!
To learn more about the Modern, refreshed look for model-driven apps including rollout and FAQs, please see our documentation.