Upcoming Changes in Power Apps portal Trial Subscriptions for Dynamics 365
As we recently completed an year of Power Apps portal launch, I wanted to share some changes which we are introducing for streamlining Power Apps portals trial process for Dynamics 365 customers.
As part of Power Apps portals launch in October 2019, we introduced the capability of creating multiple capacity based portal trials from Power Apps maker portal (read about this process here). However, for Dynamics 365 trial customers we had continued to bundle a single addon based portal trial which could be provisioned from Dynamics 365 admin center (now Power Platform Admin center).
As part of our latest release, we are merging these two trial experiences into a single integrated trial experience from Power Apps Maker portal (make.powerapps.com) for both Power Apps and Dynamics 365 customers. This change will open the ability for Dynamics 365 customers to create multiple portal trials in a single tenant and will provide ability to try out various portal templates which extends the functionality of Dynamics 365 applications to external customers.
For customers who are already using an addon portal trial with Dynamics 365 trial subscription, following changes will take place in next few weeks: –
- Addon based portal trials will be automatically converted to Capacity based portal trials. There are no changes in terms of how these trials are managed or customized, existing process will continue to work for that.
- This conversion will be done in background and will not require any action from Administrators.
- This process will start in end of November 2020 and will be deployed in all regions by end of December 2020 following our safe deployment practices.
Feedback and resources
To quickly get started on PowerApps portals or for any feedback, you can use the resources listed below: –
- PowerApps Portals Community Forum – https://aka.ms/PortalForum
- Feature documentation- https://aka.ms/PowerAppsPortalsDocs
- Vote for feature ideas or file a new one – https://aka.ms/PortalIdeas