Microsoft is a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms
From productivity apps that drive collaboration to mission-critical solutions, organizations are deploying Power Apps to automate processes, modernize legacy apps, and solve business problems at scale. Today, we are excited to share that Microsoft has been recognized as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms for Microsoft Power Apps.
Over the past year, Microsoft has doubled down on its efforts and investments to be the world’s most comprehensive low-code application development platform. 92 percent of the Fortune 500 organizations are using Power Apps each month to rapidly adapt, and provide their customers, partners, and employees with streamlined first-class digital experiences on a secure, governable, and scalable platform.
“From an innovation standpoint, we can use Power Apps to spec and build a solution and continuously improve it, rather than waiting for someone else to do the work.”—Christopher Hitt, Assistant Manager, Field Technical Operations, Toyota Motor North America
We are incredibly grateful to our customers, partners, and community for the feedback, support, and engagement in making our position as a Leader a reality.
Five reasons Power Apps is the world’s most comprehensive low-code platform
- A trusted cloud: Built atop the full depth of Microsoft Dataverse, a fully managed, secure, and scalable data platform, and the Azure cloud, reaching 250 million-plus users natively in Teams and Office 365 and horizontally integrated with robotic process automation (RPA) and low-code Power Virtual Agents with built-in connectors to 500 plus services, Power Apps provides seamless integration and scale to customers.
- Supporting fusion teams: Fusion teams are a key area of our focus and investment. Developers can move gracefully from simple no-code to mission-critical sophistication, allowing citizen developers to work directly with pros for advanced solutions.
- Proven enterprise reliability and support: Built on a world-class identity platform, with deep analytics, more compliance certifications than any other vendor, and market-leading governance controls, Power Apps enables organizations to change developer economics at scale with confidence.
- Superior innovation: Advanced AI, Mixed Reality, and hyper-automation are already working at scale in production for customers in Power Apps. With recent announcements such as Power Fx, the low code programming language for everyone with its origins in Excel, and the infusion of natural language model GPT-3 into the Power Apps maker experience, Microsoft is continuing to innovate to ensure an enhanced, integrated, and superior experience for customers.
- Built for all developers: From providing the most intuitive and easy to learn low-code platform for citizen developers to empowering IT and IT admins with first-class application lifecycle management (ALM), governance, and administrative tooling within a central console, to ensuring that pro developers can collaborate and build Power Apps using their favorite pro developer tools, Power Apps meets every developer where they are to help them be a better developer and build better apps, together and faster.
Get your copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms report to learn more.
The Power Apps Team
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms, September 20, 2021, Jason Wong, Kimihiko Iijima, Adrian Leow, Akash Jain, Paul Vincent.
GARTNER and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks and service marks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.