Govern your business applications data with Microsoft Purview
Low-code development platforms have become increasingly popular today among business users, and the high efficiency of application development on these platforms has brought great value for organizations. As more and more data is being generated and consumed on these business application platforms, effective governance and management of the data they rely on has become a challenge. Organizations need to understand what data exists, where data is located, and how to find and access relevant data. As data may lack context such as lineage, classification, and comprehensive metadata, it is also difficult for business users to find the right data and use it in an appropriate way.
Today we are excited to announce the private preview of the Microsoft Purview integration with Microsoft Dataverse. Microsoft Purview Data Map will enable automated data discovery and sensitive data classification. The integration will help customers to better understand and govern their business applications data estate, safeguard that data, and improve their risk and compliance posture.
Microsoft Purview integration with Dataverse
With this integration, customers can:
- Create a holistic, up-to-date data map across Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Power Platform, and other sources supported by Microsoft Purview.
- Automatically classify data assets based on built-in system classifications or user-defined custom classifications and it helps to identify and understand sensitive data.
- Empower data consumers to discover valuable, trustworthy data.
- Enable data curators and security administrators to manage and keep data estate secure, reduce data exposure, and better protect sensitive data.
What is Microsoft Purview?
Microsoft Purview is a family of data governance, risk, and compliance solutions that can help your organization govern, protect, and manage your entire data estate. Microsoft Purview solutions provide integrated coverage and help address the recent increases in remote user connectivity, the fragmentation of data across organizations, and the blurring of traditional IT management roles. These solutions help your organization to:
- Gain visibility into data assets across your organization.
- Enable access to your data, security, and risk solutions.
- Safeguard and manage sensitive data across clouds, apps, and endpoints.
- Manage end-to-end data risks and regulatory compliance.
- Empower your organization to govern, protect, and manage data in new, comprehensive ways.
Get started today
- Sign up for Microsoft Purview private preview.
- Get started by reaching out to your Microsoft point of contact.
- If approved for this iteration of preview, we will reach out to you.