Announcing Monitor model-driven apps using Application Insights (Preview)
Now available in the Power Platform admin center, this new Data Export option is geared towards those customers interested in directly interacting with the service telemetry data. This option offers customers an all-encompassing Self-Serve solution for monitoring user activity, diagnosing performance issues, and troubleshooting errors. Use Application Insights to monitor & analyze service telemetry data produced by UCI page and form loads, Platform API calls, custom plug-ins, and more.
At Microsoft Ignite 2021 in March, we announced several amazing features for customers geared towards empowering administrators which are now available for public preview. This solution offers customers access to diagnostics data produced by Power Platform apps, bots, and services. Use Application Insights to create custom alerts and reports, monitor global usage, and automatically detect patterns and anomalies in the telemetry data using the built-in Smart Detection feature.
How to enable it?
Each environment has a one-to-one mapping with a single Application Insights instance. You must have contributor, writer, or admin rights to the Application Insights environment.
- In the Power Platform admin center, select Data Export > New data export
- Select Export to Application Insights
- Search for the environment that you’ll set up for the Application Insights data export setup. You can choose to filter based on the environment type.
- Choose the environment you want, and then select Save.
- Choose the Azure subscription, resource group, and Application Insights environment, and then select Create.
The data export connection should now be set up. In the next 24 hours, data will start being exported to your Application Insights environment.