OData v2.0 Service removal date announcement
Updated April 7, 2023
The Organization Data Service is an OData v2.0 endpoint introduced with Dynamics CRM 2011. The Organization Data Service was deprecated with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement v8.0 in favor of the Web API, an OData v4.0 service.
Today, less than .06% of requests to Dataverse use this endpoint. Removing this endpoint will enable Dataverse to improve overall performance.
Also known as the OData endpoint or the REST endpoint when it was released, the Organization Data Service offers limited capabilities to only create, retrieve, update, or delete table data.
We plan to remove the Organization Data Service. Any code that uses the Organization Data Service should be migrated to use the Web API before that time.
The original removal date was November 11, 2022, but this was extended to April 30, 2023. We have decided not to remove the service on April 30, 2023.
We are going to defer the removal of this service to allow people more time to complete the transition of their code to use the Web API. If you have detected that you are still using this endpoint, you must prioritize transitioning this code to use Web API so you will be prepared when the final removal date is announced.
- Check any other code, including PowerShell scripts, that send requests to this endpoint:
- Check any Power BI reports or Excel Data sources that may be using this endpoint.
- Please review the information in this best practices documentation for information to upgrade the code to use the Dataverse Web API: Do not use the OData v2.0 endpoint.
This announcement does not involve the deprecated Organization Service SOAP endpoint. At this time, no date has been announced for the removal of that endpoint.
- Use solution checker to validate your model-driven apps in Power Apps
- For information about using Web API, see Use the Microsoft Dataverse Web API.
- For Legacy documentation about the Organization Data Service, see Microsoft Dynamics 2015 SDK: Use the OData endpoint with web resources.