Search and find Dynamics 365 records with Microsoft Search
We are excited to share with you all a new feature that provides Dynamics 365 records to users that search for information on Bing.com, Office.com and Sharepoint.com. This makes it easy for a user to find the most relevant customer and business data stored in their Dynamics 365 Dataverse environment where they work without having to change context or log into an app to find records they need to work with on a daily basis.
Several key benefits include:
- Easy to use: Users can easily and quickly find key information stored in Dynamics 365, without needing to navigate to a new app or page.
- Easy to find: Dynamics 365 content is visible to users in Bing.com, Office.com, and SharePoint.
- Built-in data protection: Dynamics 365 results will only appear for users that have access to the connected instance and records.
- Quick setup: Easy to configure and maintain the search connection to a Dynamics 365 instance.
- Unified search experience: To maintain a cohesive experience, Dynamics 365 results are consistent across all search entry points. Wherever you search, you’ll get the same results with the same look and feel.
The search results are categorized under Dynamics 365
When you click on a search result it will navigate you to the Dynamics 365 application and open the record. There is no need to do additional searches or take additional steps to navigate to the record.
Enabling search results on Bing.com, Office.com or Sharepoint.com takes a few simple steps that can be completed by an Admin with the appropriate levels of authorization and access for your environments. You can find out more on how to setup and configure your instance in the Dynamics 365 results in Microsoft Search article on docs.microsoft.com.