Reminder: Making the move to Dynamics 365 App for Outlook and Unified Interface
Following our previous announcement on the deprecation of Dynamics 365 for Outlook ( also known as Outlook COM Add-in) now is the time to make the move to Dynamics 365 App for Outlook prior to October 1, 2020. Microsoft will continue to provide support, security and other critical updates to the Outlook COM Add-in until October 1, 2020.
Keep checking ‘Important changes coming in Power Apps’, for a complete list of all deprecation announcements.
Why make the move to Dynamics 365 App for Outlook?
Dynamics 365 App for Outlook provides even better value to users with improved capabilities, reliability, and performance. A snapshot of some of the benefits:
- Unified Interface Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is built on the Unified Interface framework, which uses responsive web design principles to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience for any screen size, device, or orientation.
- Global search or multi-entity search Use global search to search for a keyword in multiple entities at the same time. Global search uses the quick find view for the various entities to search for records.
- Forms View and edit forms the same as what you see in the mobile experience.
- Dashboards View and edit dashboards the same as what you see in the mobile experience.
- Cross platform Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is built using the modern Office add-ins, and supports Windows, Mac desktop clients, iOS and Android phones, and Outlook web access on all major browsers.
- Deployment Centralized deployment and distribution by configuring users to the app makes it easy to onboard to App for Outlook.
Where can I find more information?
For further information on the App for Outlook, please review the content pages on the Microsoft documentation site.
We also have a detailed guidance playbook which should help you plan the next steps of your transition and cover any frequently asked questions.
Please take a look at the Outlook COM Playbook.
Other key reminders
We’ve announced the deprecation of the legacy web client. Customers should make the move as soon as possible to Unified Interface. The deadline date has been updated to December 1, 2020 following the blog post from James Phillips.
If you are planning a move to Unified Interface, we have a collection of related content within the Dynamics 365 Unified Interface community site.