Connect with the Microsoft Power Platform ALM Team at the Kansas City User Group January 14
Power Platform MVP, Jerry Weinstock, and the Kansas City User group will be hosting the Power Platform Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) team members for an online meeting and presentation on the best tactics implementing Power Platform ALM processes and highlight the all-new Power Platform ALM Starter Kit. An open-source project built by the Power Customer Advisory Team (CAT) to accelerate your ability to get started with productively perform ALM using the Power Platform.
When: Thu, January 14, 2021 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Full Meeting Agenda
- Automating and integrating Power Platform into Application Lifecycle Management process – We have the ‘A’ team from the product team. You will hear from one or more of the Principal Program Managers that own this function and are defining what it should do, what it will do, and how it works. There is no one at Microsoft that knows more about this topic then the speakers I have lined up – Marc Schweigert, Shan McArthur, Per Mikkelsen, and Phil Topness.
- While you may not be personally involved in solutions, if you are a maker on the Power Platform you need to know this. Also, get your Dev Ops team on this call. There will be plenty of time for Q&A.
- Scott Roller – One of our own will make a presentation – PCF Controls in Canvas and Model Driven Apps: What PCF controls are and how they are used, some of my favorites and how to develop new PCF controls from scratch.
- App Sharing – Step up and volunteer to present on a cool Canvas App or Power Automate Flow you developed at your company or for a client
- Power Platform Requests – If time permits will have this session. Jerry Weinstock will go over Everything you wanted to know about Power Automate Flow API Calls – how they are counted, how to manage them, some practical tips for making the best of your allotment.
- Q&A, Problem Solving by Peers, Comments for the Good of the Community
About the host and presenters:
Jerry Weinstock is the founder of CRM Innovation LLC, a Business Applications MVP and has the distinction of having been awarded the recognition of Microsoft MVP for ten years. His company is 100% focused on Dynamics 365. Jerry has been working with CRM since version 1.2 in 2003. When he isn’t doing business technology strategy work for his clients, he is likely out on the water getting some waterskiing time in. His latest business related hobby is working with Microsoft Power Automate Flow.
Marc Schweigert has spent over 20 years developing, evangelizing, and helping sell software solutions ranging from departmental applications, commercial products, large scale enterprise systems, and multi-million user internet facing sites for both commercial and government organizations. He’s spent the last 15+ years at Microsoft in various software development related roles covering the development side of technologies like SQL Server, BizTalk Server, SharePoint Server, Bing Maps, Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365 and developer technologies including Visual Studio, the .NET Framework. He is currently a Principal Program Manager Lean in the Power CAT team, focused on driving customer success with Power Apps, Power Automate, Flow and the Common Data Service. In addition to his extensive industry experience, he holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics from the Virginia Military Institute.
I am irrationally excited about applying technology to help people better do what they need to do. I help the world’s largest organizations maximize their results from Microsoft Power Platform as part of the Power Platform Customer Advisory Team at Microsoft. I’m passionate about the plight of the users of the software produced by our projects (and yours) and helping those users get better functionality, sooner. I’m also passionate about ensuring that the teams making that software can do so with predictability and sustainability leading to better end products and work-life balance.
Per G. Mikkelsen
Per G. Mikkelsen Built, led and directed practices delivering services and building products on the Power Platform and now relentlessly working to improve the ISV & Pro-Dev Experience on the Power Platform
I have been working in the web content management market for coming up 10 years now. Our company has always been Microsoft-aligned because of the significant value that Microsoft brings to the table for developers, ISVs, and the partner ecosystem. Our company specializes in web solutions built on the Microsoft infrastructure. We are an agile company that focuses on delivering high value solutions to customers and fostering strong business partnerships.
Recently we have been focusing on tight integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We believe the CRM is a platform of which business processes should be built upon. We believe in helping our customers realize the full value of their CRM investments. We believe that all customer interactions with a corporate website should be tracked as activities in the CRM so that the users of the CRM can get a complete 360-degree view of the customer, which will enable them to provide superior customer services. Our CMS will ensure that your web developers can build a modern website based on a solid CMS that integrates seamlessly with your Microsoft CRM.
Specialties: Web content management. Microsoft CRM integration. ASP.NET development, website design, web consulting, search engine optimization, user experience
Scott Roller is a Functional Architect with strong technical knowledge and abilities, focused around Microsoft technology stack.
Demonstrated success in mentoring and eliminating obstacles for team members so that they can more effectively perform on projects.
Experienced working on and leading both Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall managed project methodologies.
Experienced scoping projects, gathering requirements, documenting processes and delivering quality work on the final solution.
Competency areas include:
▪ Project Design and Delivery ▪ Technical Team Leadership and Mentoring
▪ Facilitating Collaboration Between Teams ▪ System Data Integration