Opportunities for you to collaborate with the PowerApps Team!
In my last blog post I covered support options and the many ways to get help using PowerApps. Today, I'd like to expand on the opportunities that you have to partner and collaborate with us. We believe that the value of PowerApps in the workforce depends largely on whether you can be successful building apps. Therefore, we are expanding on programs designed to facilitate feedback, and to enable you to participate in the roadmap of PowerApps features worldwide!
Looking to get engaged? There are several paths to connect with us:
- The MVP Program (by invitation only): You can now qualify to be a PowerApps MVP! The Microsoft MVP award recognizes exceptional community leadership and evangelism. We have recently opened this opportunity for PowerApps and Microsoft Flow within the Azure stack. The MVP program appoints only top-notch technology experts who make outstanding contributions. They are exceptional in that they have an unstoppable urge to get their hands on new exciting technologies, and love to share their knowledge. If you know of someone who stands out as an MVP in your mind, please feel free to nominate them here.
- Forum Ideas : Posting to Forum Ideas is the easiest way to share your ideas and suggestions. It is available 24/7 so you can get those ideas into it whenever they come to your mind. What we expecially appreciate about the ideas forum is that it has an integrated system of voting. Others can vote on your idea too, so we can catch the most popular ideas at a glance. Because of the voting system, we suggest that you search to see if your idea is already posted first. If it is, then you can just add your vote to it, in this way it might become a "Top Idea" quickly! We monitor this forum weekly, so don't hesitate to contribute innovations as often as you'd like!
- Advisors Program (by invitation only): The Advisors Program, also known as the "influencers" group, focuses on app makers and/or decision-makers who are influencing PowerApps usage either in a single business organization, or as a service provider to other businesses. These individuals are powerhouses of motivation, and will inspire value-rich solutions via best practices that they share. Advisors in this program will have access to upcoming feature planning, so they must agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in order to have access to the content and events associated with this program. We are still looking to enrich the membership in this program. However, we are only inviting those who have proven capabilities in app creation, planning, or design, and who are willing to share what they know about PowerApps and Flow. If you are interested in this program, please fill out this survey and we will reach out to you with additional clarifications.
- User Research: User Research requires that we invest in direct customer interactions to get a pulse on your wish lists and pain points. We would like to learn more about your experiences using the different versions of the product (desktop and web). Learning more about your experiences helps us to make PowerApps better for all customers. Working with us during User Research initiatives can be loads of fun too! You will get a chance to demonstrate what you love (or want to improve) while using PowerApps newest features and services! Deadline: We have a special initiative kicking off right now, and would like for you to complete this survey by Friday, October 27 if you're interested in being part of our next study group!
- User Groups : Are you part of an active User Group? Are you interested in starting a new group? We would love to partner with you in a variety of ways: a. help in vetting and curating content, b. discussing strategy for messaging new services and features, c. supporting your groups with Microsoft speakers and short-term roadmaps, and much more! Feel free to reach out to me directly on Twitter or as a direct message here in the community, if you're interested in enhancing user group opportunities.
- Community Blogs & Guest Webinars : Our Community Blogs and Live Webinars have been getting great feedback, as we are always expanding topics, speakers, and writers. You may have already visited our webinars page here. Well, did you know that you can join us as a guest speaker during these webinars? Yes, you can! Notice that Community Guru Daniel Christian (darogael in the community) has done this before (this webinar here). He shared awesome tips for InfoPath designers transitioning to PowerApps. SandyU (Sandy Ussia), paul_culmsee (Paul Culmsee), and darogael (Daniel Christian), amongst others, have been extraordinary contributors to the community blog for a while now, but I'm sure you have wonderful tips to share too! Feel free to reach out to me directly on Twitter or as a direct message here in the community, if you're interested in doing community blogs or webinar events with us.
- Ask Microsoft Anything (AMA) Events : An Ask Microsoft Anything Event is the same as an “Ask Me Anything (AMA)” on Reddit, or YamJam on Yammer. It provides the opportunity for the community to ask questions, and to have a discussion with a panel of internal and external experts on a particular topic live online within the community. Questions are dynamically posted using a dedicated AMA forum. I love these events because it's so exciting to solve problems answering questions, but also to watch all the answers roll through the forum in real time!
FYI: Don't tell anyone, but I have a special attachment to AMA events because it was also the first online event I did as a MS employee . Our next PowerApps AMA is planned early November 2017! Look out for additional details which will be posted here.
Please review these opportunities and consider participating in one (or more) of them! We look forward to working with you soon.
Audrie (aka #ArtsyPowerApper on Twitter)